Does this mean he would like someone who is a Director Level who can jump in hands on with his two direct reports if need to help mentor them? YES Will he look at a senior manager who is ready for the next step? This individual will not be coding but will be having high level technological discussions and shaping the strategy and the road map for their BI team. This individual will take ownership of the current 2 BI Developers and will be responsible for mentoring them and helping them prioritize their tasks and assist them on modernizing the BI.
They want a proven person that has been in this role, not an up and comer that can potentially do this job. That individual will not be able to keep up with the fast pace. Also, environment- this candidate needs to be okay leading and mentoring a smaller tech team. Wear multiple hats. Be energetic, lots of passion about technology. CULTURE is huge here.
Wingstop has had a small IT shop and are now wanting to grow staff. Have they previously outsourced? Are they adding a lot of stores or doing some acquisitions? Adding a lot of stores and experience huge growth From all the positions you mentioned they want to ad it sounds like they plan to increase staff exponentially. Yes, they need more folks to handle the work load. About 10 people in IT dept.
7/30/2020 The BI Director will take ownership, help prioritize, and modernize, as well as, oversee 2 other BI developers.
Per hiring manager: He is looking at cultural fit, hunger/passion, intellectual ability, navigation with peers, and proven success creating road maps and coming up with strategies.
Feedback on 2 candidates already interviewed:
- probably more of an architect than a director
- looks good on paper-but is more focused on strategy; lacking energy, passion, and drive
**Candidate was identified but not able to get salary approved by finance. Stay as close to $160K as possible. LMK in your search if this is a reoccurring issue and I will have a conversation with the hiring manager.
Are you seeking a full-time role that allows you to wear multiple hats as a leader, as well as, to help build and shape a world-class business intelligence organization? I want to speak with YOU!!!!
Our dynamic N. Dallas client is seeking a Full-time Director of Business Intelligence that will own and lead the evolution of their business intelligence (BI) platforms. You will be responsible for planning and meeting the organization’s data and analytics needs. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with a unique ability to partner with leaders across the organization and still have a hands-on approach with the technical team. You will also act as a a product manager and analyst shaping requirements, priorities, and the team’s road map in partnership with leaders across the organization; and a leader of a high quality BI technical team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical leader and manager of the BI Team: responsible for hiring and mentoring talent
- Collaborate and facilitate priority setting across a diverse, cross functional team of business users to define and fulfill business analytics and reporting needs
- Lead the planning, development and execution of multiple simultaneous small to large projects/features, in coordination with internal department heads and vendor resources where applicable
- Lead day-to day direction setting and execution for the BI team, effectively balancing projects, small enhancements, ad hoc data and analytics requests, and support items
- Ensure successful execution of analytics and data strategies to increase availability, access, and security of enterprise data to drive business outcomes and process improvements
- Work with vendors and cross-functional resources to deliver projects, resolve issues, achieve budget requirements, and manage the application life cycle
- Lead efforts to select, plan, and roll out technologies and vendor integrations to support additional customer insights and analyses
- Research, build, and execute against a road map to shape the ongoing evolution of our BI and data platform
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & team-oriented environment
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills with exceptional follow-up and sense of urgency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships across functional areas
- 7+ years experience planning, leading, and executing against departmental road maps and budgets to build towards an overall future state vision
- 7+ years experience leading multiple, medium-sized projects from planning through roll out, including coordinating efforts across business users, technical teams, and vendors
- 7+ years experience working with business stakeholders to plan and design effective dashboards, reports, data-driven alerts and user experiences that drive functional outcomes and process improvements
- 7+ years experience with leading and managing small teams using Agile development methodologies as a product owner / manager and scrum master
- 5+ years’ experience in an environment with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), PowerBI, and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Basic proficiency in SQL
- Relevant experience in a multi-location chain business, such as restaurant, retail, or hospitality
REQUIRED Education and work experience
- Minimum 7 years of exp. in IT and BI systems
- Bachelor's degree REQUIRED in IS/MIS or CS
- Microsoft BI platform exp. is PREFERRED